Thursday, August 30, 2018

Aretha Franklin

This month is completely difficult for me losing important people who've contributed to my personal and professional career as public government leadership.

Meeting..



I sit here remembering the very beginning of first being introduced to Aretha Franklin by Nancy Reagan the wife of President Ronald Reagan with a warm hello from a gentle lady named Aretha. It was years after meeting Greta Scott King the wife of Dr Martin Luther King that I was given the great fortune of meeting Aretha Franklin who marched to the Washington National Monument and gave his very famous I Have a Dream speech to millions of people who clapped,cheering his leadership on civil and human rights. Ronald and Nancy Reagan were at a charity function which I attended for the National Rifle Association when Nancy tap me gently on the shoulder saying come over here with me I've got someone important I want you to meet her.. I'd been involved in the NRA and other charity & political organizations with my first wife Princess of Wales Diana Spencer for a long time so I turned to Nancy saying yes and we met Ronald at the other side of the room where Aretha Franklin said Hello to me Hi I'm Aretha Franklin how are you with a warm smile. Wayne Lapierre the Director of NRA noticed that we were talking together and briefly walking up said Nice group of people here it certainly looks like we're going make this a bigger bash than what we planned for original. He shook our hands,tap his glass filled with wine to all our glasses going around with Ronald,Nancy,Aretha and me then he walked away. Ronald turned the conversation towards me with this is Aretha Franklin America Civil Rights leader who's marched with Greta Scott King King,Dr Martin Luther King,Reverend Jesse Jackson,Reverend Al Sharpton,Senator John Cole all of whom were involved with Dr King on the Civil Rights march in Washington D.C.. I extended my hand shaking Aretha Franklin hands saying very honored to meet you Ronald and Nancy have told me a lot about you. This was my first time of what would become a lifetime friendship with all the Civil Rights movement leaders in the same room. My wife Princess Diana telephone me after the charity function from London to tell me she was going to hop a flight to Boston and I'll see you soon honey,I love you and I talked briefly about meeting all the Civil Rights movement leadership in the same room including Aretha Franklin. Diana said to me that your dear friend Pope John Paul is asking about you again wants to meet with you in his next visit to America or United Kingdom which ever is easier for you to do. Okay I'll let him know through Queen Elizabeth that you will meet with him. Love you bye.. Today I'm filled with memories of a lifetime friendship with both Greta Scott King and Aretha Franklin who died this week. I reflect on the public march down Pennsylvania Avenue with Bill and Hillary Clinton arm and arm together with the last surviving members of the Civil Rights movement to what would be the inaugural of President Clinton. It's the day that Greta Scott King stood up on a cold morning in front of millions in the capital of Washington,DC to read her riveting God Bless America speech and her poetry. I've at this point already served in the @WhiteHouse with former President Ronald Reagan so I'm familiar with inauguration proceedings and feasible activities. I remember looking out at the millions of people while I sat with Ronald and Nancy Reagan listening to Greta Scott King thinking this is a great day in my life to be here. One by one the Civil Rights leadership stood up at the podium Reverend Jesse Jackson,Reverend Al Sharpton,Greta Scott King,Aretha Franklin,Senator John Cole and the millions of people in the crowd as far as my eyes could see whistling,clapping and cheering for each speaking about the Civil Rights movement and the enormous amount of value America has to being leader of the democracy and freedom. Then Ronald Reagan stood up handing to the newly elected President William Jefferson Clinton a Holy Bible and a handwritten letter before waving to the crowd saying a final goodbye. This day the Liberty Bell was special brightly lighted for the Inauguration of my close friend William Jefferson Clinton with the Chief Justice of Supreme Court administering the oath of office with Greta Scott King,Reverend Jesse Jackson,Reverend Al Sharpton,Senator John Cole each taking turns reading a Holy Bible scriptures on the podium as part of Bill Clinton being installed President of America. It's a great day to directly involved with a inaugural address to a nation and the planet which I'm fortunate to be one of few men given the privilege,honor to have a long career in the @WhiteHouse .. While I remember this important friend who's died Aretha Franklin I'm deep in thought over the good effects that a mutual lifetime friend has on my life with her knowledge,candor,wisdom she has given me.

Thank you,God Bless you Aretha Franklin and Rest in Peace.
Your words and you will not be forgotten by me the 9th Elected United Nations Planet Leader of Earth.

H.E. John F Norton Jr.





No comments:

Post a Comment