Sunday, October 2, 2016

Global Nuclear Weapons

I am going to answer all my critics and skeptics with a boat load of truth in this blog piece. You see many people in the UN don't know my overall position on nuclear weapons,meanwhile some of my critics have sought to exploit the majority of people in the UN,global earth about my position concerning nuclear weapons. So,here I will explain my position in great details that way nobody misquotes me on this subject. Well,my position hasn't changed at all in all five White House administrations that I served in a variety of positions. First of all before I get to in-depth explanation of my position and why I have this policy position. I want everyone to turn your attention to the chart below on this blog post,pause for a minute to consider what the data shows about global nuclear weapons perforation keeping in mind that this chart is three years old. Yes,the chart is older but it's still very relevant to one the overall problem that earth future,mankind and everything living thing on earth is faced with currently. I think it's totally appalling that in a modern civil society on earth that mankind is creating,building such destructive devices that do have the capacity to destroy this entire planet earth. I think once you sit pondering the charts as I have including this one I am posting here,only then do you see for yourself the huge scope,magnitude of the problem mankind created for itself. I posted this same chart on Twitter and peoples reaction to it is they are stunned to learn the true facts about a possible nuclear future holocaust looking at the chart. So,my position is still the same when I started into political government office in America. We don't need nuclear weapons in America and for certain we definitely don't need weapons of mass destruction on earth anywhere. I fought every Defense Spending bill in Congress that put into the public budget spending appropriations for nuclear and biological weapons. I have gotten the two Presidents to use the Line Items Veto authority to completely strip the funding for both research,development and programs that create nuclear and biological weapons. I have pushed Congress to stop putting in Appropriations Bills funding for new advanced nuclear and biological weapons because it's madness and a total waste of public tax payers money. While the world bickered about what to do about nuclear weapons,we in the White House decided that the best plan to deal with this growing problem of nuclear proliferation is to get now to negotiate with the UN General Assembly to 're- ratified Start One which former President Jimmy Carter achieved as the first global nuclear non proliferation treaty. I remember the fight in Congress and in the UN General Assembly which amounted to absolute gridlock on this important piece of legislation. Eventually Congress did the right thing at the time and passed a measure that gave President Ronald Reagan a tool to club the UN General Assembly into a broad agreement on nuclear weapons with a new version of Start One Treaty. This was a time when the Cold War with the former Communist block called the Soviet Union was in full swing and very much a threat to international security. I have in my time in the White House and US Department of State manage thousands of crises and important global issues,agenda for America global political policy and position in this world. I think my first former boss Ronald Reagan had a good handle on the scope of the problem that the nuclear threat poses to planet earth. He said to UN General Assembly "We must come to realize the global menace and threat that nuclear weapons on this earth cause and by promoting a global world that is free from this nuclear menace only then can mankind achieve a peace,detente that mankind deeply needed. I overtly push you to accept this Start One treaty because it's a important forward step in global peace and security of the earth we all breath and live on here"..This point really reached deep into the heart of mankind with a positive outcome that the Start One Global Treaty was ratified a second time by the UN General Assembly with important improved modifications that have put us on a global road to a world free of the menace and possible nuclear holocaust that nuclear weapons are in this century. When my former boss President Reagan came to us in a several meeting on what to do with Russia building a global nuclear bombs menace and nighttime for earth he said I need you guys to come up with a plan that I can sell to the American people,the United Nations and that idiot Gorbachev in Russia before I go to any summit with him. I recall Casper (Cappy) Weinberger then Secretary of Defense saying you got a tall order their Mr. President but trust in us here,we will get you a nuclear package that everyone going to sign up for it. Mr Reagan turned to me get me something I can use as leverage against that Cold War heartless dictator in Moscow Gorbachev. I answered no problem Mr President I will spearhead this ideas into a functional plan that you can use to reduce nuclear stockpiles in both America and Communist Russia. In a huge amount of meetings that followed we developed a strong two part plan to reduce nuclear arms and go to the newly agreed Renkivick Iceland Summit. This summit would be hopefully by President Reagan the turning point and break through on nuclear weapons reduction that would reduce both sides by half in a five year deal. I was one of the authors,created and official signatures on the Start Two nuclear non proliferation treaty that gave President Reagan tools to use at the Renkivick Summit and with the United Nations. It forced Gorbachev into a unpleasant corner that if he didn't back the Start Two agreement he would face more growing voices opposition in Russia. We skillfully undermined his authority inside Russia using our enormous amount of technical and technology experience,experts in America government agencies. President Reagan on his own made the decision in the last cabinet meetings before going to Renkivick Summit that he would turn up the heat on Gorbachev by telling him if you don't back my plan in a telephone call in front of us " I will park the entire Atlantic Navy Fleet in your harbors and march all the way to Moscow" that was a tipping point in the Gorbachev mind. When he got to the Renkivick Summit he was eager to talk business about Arms Control and nuclear weapons reduction. I remember the days clearly leading up to the Renkivick Summit where former President Carter tutoring me on inside details and a complex complete update on who Gorbachev is as a leader including his staff. I should note that in the process of the Renkivick Summit Gorbachev knees buckled under the immense global pressure from the international community that he just signed everything on Start Two agreement. Behind the scene we in the White House kept the pressure on the Russians to approve Start Two agreement including pushing Congress and the international community to approve it in the United Nations. We succeeded in all our efforts with Start Two Weapons Agreement non proliferation being ratified by Russia,international community and the United Nations Security Council and General Assembly. We lobbied heavy in the White House to get this agreement for President Reagan so that the world would greatly benefit from it being ratified to reduce nuclear weapons on all the earth. This was the beginning of a growing greater plan put into place to eventually eliminate nuclear weapons and stockpiles of both nuclear,chemical and biological weapons from all the earth. As almost three decades of being American government leading the fight for common sense things that improve mankind's future,I think this is important to achieve a zero nuclear weapons world. This week mark the unfortunate death of former Israeli President who was a major proponent of a nuclear free zones first,then expanding it to the entire planet with zero nuclear,biological and chemical weapons. Yes,when my former Presidential boss William (Bill) Clinton spoke at his funeral this week he took the opportunity to expand on the former Israeli President ideas on preventing a nuclear holocaust in greater detail. It's only fitting that we include the former Israel President in this discussion about nuclear disarmament because he was a visionary in how he viewed the world. I turn to think about for a moment here what former President Clinton said at his funeral this week and I quote him "We as a civilized world have a duty and responsibility to protect the future of the next generations of the both born and unborn children on earth. Mankind must stop doing things that are insanity like building weapons of mass destruction that can destroy this planet at the current rate more than 20 times the entire planet earth. Gentleman and Ladies we must promote a world of tolerance and peace while continuing progress and prosperity for all humans on this planet earth" .. I totally agree with my former boss President Clinton in his funeral speech on the impact,implement the ideas that he has spoken,which is important to building a better world. I think it's insanity that we as entire planet earth,spend total financial output about 20-50 trillion on creating a variety of weapons of mass destruction. While we have approximately 40 percent of this planet lives in total squalor poverty,destitution going without food,clothing,medicine,basic needs like housing. Then add insult to all the problems,kids on planet earth a majority can't read,write,basic infrastructure on a majority of this planet either doesn't exist or its very little so its very limited. Yet,we a human race builds weapons that can kill everyone which is madness,when we got really big problems,that same amount of money we put into mass destruction weapons,would be better used wisely fixing all of earth current problems.

John Norton
Hon. UN Secretary General
HM King. Scotland

No comments:

Post a Comment