Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Wounded Warriors

I thought today I'd take a different  personal approach to writing on a subject that effects many millions of people who've served in the military. It's personal to me because I served  in the Army in a military special operations unit which most of its still highly classified even long years after I've left the Army. I've still kept doing part time activities with  things in DARPA and  NATO that interest me, it's a vehicle for my military service and exploring advanced technologies,etc that I like being involved in creating interesting projects. This really is more about the Wounded Warrior Project which I'm a big supporter of it than my military service which is still important to me. I've come to understand over a period of time I'm the only elected United Nations Secretary General to have military service and police service organizations combined experience doing both of them. I'm not going to focus here on my service records but instead I'm focusing on the people I've served with in Black Team that came back  permanent physical disability and other ailments that are lifetime problems. Unfortunately many of the guys I've served with died in foreign countries that we were sent to do our job which I hold in my heart the names of all who got brought back in military caskets and had a military funeral. We all the living former Tier 1 CAG Black Team members remember on Memorial Day and Veterans Day everyone on our team that didn't make it back home alive. I'm going switch gears talking about wounded warriors who served in a variety of military service branches with honor,courage and heavily decorated metals pinned on their chest. It goes without saying that when you walk through war in a forward position on the front lines in awful sinkhole filthy foreign countries it permanently changes you as a person. Most civilian population doesn't have understanding of what the consequences of military service does to the soldier,sailors,airmen,marines are long term. I've personally seen the effects of many of my friends in Screaming Eagles who used to back us up our Tier 1 Black Team in foreign countries suffering a variety of lifetime  problems from being physical and mentally injured. Some of the people on my Black Team are still suffering PTSD war flashback problems because of the intensity of ongoing combat operations in filthy places. Some of my Black Team is the most heavily decorated metals count In our branch of service but they have suffered being injured from frags,sniper bullets,constant RPG,mortars,etc and others that have killed by enemies continued contact. It's the guys that made it back home alive and their families who continue dealing with the consequences of being wounded in combat operations are the people who need lifetime help. I've been myself in combat operations been shot at multitude of times by snipers,just narrowly missed detonating a booby traps,landmines I've stepped on with hidden trip wire,being fragged,RPGs,multiple assassination attempts by militant terrorists groups and militant foreign governments,etc just too much to list here. So,it's really personal to me to support all the wounded warriors that made it home alive

 I've decided to setup for my 50th birthday to put a campaign on Facebook to bring recognition globally to the military service members and their families that have loved ones who came back alive permanently scared by war.

Finally...



So,I'm supporting Wounded Warrior Project that helps active duty military service members,Veterans and their families with financial support,basic needs,housing,support and more to give them hope,jobs and a new life.


                   SG Leader



No comments:

Post a Comment